Tuesday, April 24, 2007
New Old Baby Quilt
I am telling you, quilting with vintage, already-made quilt squares is the way to go. This quilt came together pretty quickly. I did everything last night then bound it this morning, put it in the wash and presto! Soft, puckery goodness. I bought 11 of the squares in WA, then pieced together the final 12th square with a name embroidered square and a part of another square I found in Iowa. The name reads, "Edmund Theodore Lawrence." Good name ideas, since we've yet to settle on one. If it were up to Justin, he'd be named "Ulf"--after some Swedish hockey player. That's not even a name, it's a sound. That is made in the bathroom. And he conceded that Ulf Fredin was a mouthful--ending a first name with the initial consonant of the last is a recipe for disaster. Fredin is hard enough as it is. Both of us are the "see the baby first" types when it comes to naming. Plus, no one will tell you who they knew by that name that they hated if you tell them the name after the baby's here. Secretive? Maybe. Wise? I'd like to think so.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It looks great Whit! I have yet to make my first quilt but you might have the right idea with the already make quilt squares...we'll see how it goes for me. I'll probably be calling frantic for quilt advice!
My opinion for baby #2 name:
BURL
(and yes, it's wise I think)
Post a Comment