Thursday, February 09, 2012

One!

Ted is one today. He's sick and getting teeth, I'm sick (probably strep, achey and sore-throated), so we have spent the last few days cuddled together, getting stuff done when our ibuprofen kicks in. I managed to put together some red velvet cupcakes from scratch (which should really only be eaten with cooked flour and milk frosting, as in this recipe--none of this cream cheese stuff for me), and we got a bouquet of balloons, which were a present in and of themselves. After opening gifts, Ted is fully equipped to be the next manservant at Downton Abbey. I got him a Swiffer duster that he found enthralling at Richelle's house the other day, a fifty cent fly swatter, a pinwheel, and the Foxes got him a play vacuum. He toddled around, alternately laughing and crying, carrying all his long-handled items with such devotion. We sure love Ted!


He loved looking out the window at the kids on the tramp.








5 comments:

barb said...

Poor Ted - it's just wrong to be sick on your birthday - especially your first one! Hope he's better soon - and you, too, Whitney!

S. Schuller said...

Happy Birthday, Ted! I loved reading about my favorite little guy and I'm sorry that you're both sick. Get better soon. And, keep that kid dusting!

Erin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Teddy! I hope everyone gets well soon. I could suggest a few remedies (I know it can be annoying)... if you try lemon, honey and fresh ginger in hot water. or also bio-k plus probiotic (a little bottle from the co-op). love you all!

Deb said...

Great post, Whitney. Your kids are going to read through these snapshots of their history and love it! Glad little Teddy got his ears cleaned out today, drainage checked and antibiotics prescribed.

Allens, Inc. said...

What a perfect little guy! I love him, can't wait to meet him for real some day...